Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 1

30 days without sugar... that was the challenge issued to me by my man. He loving offered to do it with me (of course he is already is great shape and "doesn't like sweets") but at least I wont be going at it alone. I modified the challenge to a 30 day diet detox. I started reading the book (Skinny Bitch) which is mostly about cleaning up your diet- riding it of caffine, sodas, sugar and the like. Since I'm going to a total diet makeover I thought it would be fun to blog about it on here and share my struggles to distract myself when I want to devour a cookie or rush off to the store for my diet coke fix. I need something else to pour myself into or I might just go crazy! When the challenge was issued to me I was in the middle of eating a cookie dough blizzard and I savored every morsal as I realized it would be my last for awhile. I had just thought to myself, "Icecream makes me reallyhappy." And it does... but being fat does not make me happy. So I have to get the weight off and get healthy so I can eat the things I love (in moderation). Until then its bye bye to chocolate and diet cokes, and hello to fish and veggies, oatmeal and almond milk. Joy.
Just now I am DYING for a diet coke and the new double chocolate cookies from Bare Naked. Instead I just nibbled on some regular cheerios. Blahhhhhh
Here goes nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment