Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 7

My eating as been great today! Breakfast was oatmeal made with unsweetened soymilk, snacked on an apple, lunch I had salad with an apple, garbonzo beans, lemon juice, and basalmic vinager, snaked on 1 pc vegan sprouted wheat bread with cashew butter, honey, and a banana, and dinner was buckwheat pancakes and mango orange juice. Did a lower body workout followed by walking hills pushing a stroller. Feel good! But my head was hurting sooooo bad that I went and got a can of diet coke. Took the edge off but didn't rid me of it completely. I've actually been feeling pretty awful lately and dont know why? Figured the change in my diet would make me feel better not worse. Whats going on?
I'm craving another diet coke right now btw...

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I'm so happy you're blogging. Awesome! I'm worried about this diet you're describing though. I've read the Skinny Bitch books and I've become absolutely convinced that the vegan (even vegetarian) diet that includes large amounts of soy is devastating to the hormones, causing emotional imbalances (meaning depression, among other problems) and physical problems. The two years I spent as a vegetarian caused long term health issues for me. Every body is different of course, but there is much evidence that soy causes hypothyroidism (what happened to me, among other things). I have several books that present an opposite view if you're open to reading them. I would be happy to loan them to you or point you to some wonderfully researched websites.
    Here is one place to start:

    http://ww.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/1555-not-to-go-vegetarian.html

    Love you hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm interested in learning more! i'm not experiencing the kind of results I expected and I"m definitely not feeling well. I am going to read up on that link
    love you
    :)

    ReplyDelete